July 25, 2011

One story about a pizdec night at Bogotá.

One in Bogotá always lives aware of the insecurity that plagues the country, sometimes I found myself like the worst of the paranoid, imagining  that at any moment something could happen, but don't get me wrong, this may be true anyway, anywhere, I think that the human race is a particularly violent, but how can I explain why I don't trust anybody? 

Is simple, I'm afraid of being hurt, but in any level, I don't want people to deceive me, or cheat on me, or hurt me, but it doesn't matter because I always trust in people, is funny 'cause it doesn't make any sense but I trust and don't trust people in the same amount.

CHEATING
There was a time when it didn't involve complicated hacking,
sex mini-games or federal hearings.

I remember right now something that happened in Boston, I arrive to my aparment in Wilmington, MA and ask my tovarich about the devochki, he told me that they were drinking some beers with some random guys in the second floor, try to picture the image, but try it in both ways, the safe one and the "oh my god this is so wrong" way. 

I don't remember exactly how long we were livin' in the US, but it was before Olichka came to us, so I'm guessing maybe two weeks, enough time to hang it out with the random neighbors if you are new in the country, and c'mon Glass you were living in an aparment complex, maybe the safest place on the whole white world. But for some reason I was in an alert state, because... c'mon, who the fuck were this guys? they could be anyone... and when I said anyone is ANYONE! drug dealers, rapist, even they could be canadians!!!!! people always says that one fear what doesn't know, and of course I didn't know this punks, then when my tovarich tried to explain me that that was normal, I think to myself "WTF? this is no normal!" Why? because this is the way we think in this country... I mean at least this is what I think we think here... think about it. 

For me every friend, is not a friend, is family! people around me is so important to me that no matter what I take care of them if I can. By now you maybe think that I'm a freaking paranoid who cannot trust in people, but if you know me, or knew me, you know that I trust everybody I met, I can trust in people just 2 seconds after they said hello, 'cause I'm a friendly guy. However we all have levels of confidentiality, so just knowing you doesn't mean you're my BFF. So they invited us over too, they were a nice gang and I really appreciate that welcome. But anyway I explained to Alex that that wasn't the way we do things in my country, he explained to me that that was completely normal back in the CCCP, and like a meme The Rock I answered "It doesn't matter what is normal in Soviet Russia", back then I told him that it doesn't matter that we just been living together only two weeks, they were (are and will be) my family.
 

In Soviet Russia it doesn't matter what The Rock says.

And that history was just to prove the point that in Colombia we're not that easygoing, please don't think this is a bad country, we have a lot of issues but take me for example, I'm not the nicest person in Colombia, a lot of people is nicer than me, and you know I'm so freakin' cool! so you can imagine a bunch of colombians cooler than me, is paradise here! But not all the people is that cool, we have a couple of punks who doesn't know what respect for life is. 

So I met my girl at one of the most popular malls in Bogotá, is near to one of the biggest Transmilenio station (Transmilenio is the mass transport system comprised of busses due to the lack of subway), it was around 8pm of the friday 25th of march, it was cold like every bogotanian night, we just said goodbye, I was walking to the non-Transmilenio bus who was around 3 blocks to the west, it was lonely like always, a road that I know beacuse I used to hanging out overthere all the time. If you find a lonely place in Bogotá at night you know is a dangerous place, I know it but you have to take your chances like every single day. 

But at that moment I wasn't thinking about my security, I was thinking about something else, and that's a thing I don't use to do, because like I said, I'm paranoid. 

Suddenly two guys from behind me grabbed me, each in each arm, one guy in front of me took my bag and ran away, the other two started to yelling at me, asking for my wallet, the guy on the left had a knife and he was trying to stab me, yelling and yelling, I started to scream that "ok take it all but leave me alone", but he continues with his stabbing attempts, I didn't notice that the guy on the right had or had not a weapon, fortunately he hadn't, but the motherfucker in the left had it, and he was using it, finally with all the struggle, I free myself, and this asshole was running behind me trying to stab me! my girl who was at maybe 20ft, saw everything and she started to run to me screaming for help, in that moment I prayed that the thieves didn't see her, because you know, I love her, and I don't want anything happen to her!

But she saved my life, 'cause all the screaming alerted the people around (of course they did nothing but at least that scared the stupid asshole who tried to stab me), she was crying when finally we came closer asking me what happened, I didn't know it but I told her anyway that that son of a bitch stabbed me, then I opened my clothes and saw a lot of blood in my chest, she started to cry even harder and I to scream "FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! THIS MOTHERFUCKER STABBED ME!"
 

An artist representation... see it? Knife + Scream?

The panic came and I couldn't think clearly, she looked for a cab, but I told her that I had to call my folks, after all the incident she told me that that was the weirdest thing she ever heard, 'cause I call my dad so normally something like "hi dad wazzup... I just get stabbed in the chest, I'm on my way to the hospital, meet me there" all this with the calmest voice possible, did I tell you that I wasn't thinking clearly? 

I didn't know that the hospital was close, so we didn't need a cab, but in a smart choice we walk, then I started to feel dizzy, and my girl was so scared that she wanted to be in the hospital right in that moment, so she started to run, and ask me to do the same thing... I wasn't thinking clearly but of course I couldn't run, not because I can't, but because I shouldn't, so I told her, baby I can't, she then understood that of course I couldn't with an open wound, in the chest! did I mention that she wasn't thinking clearly either? 

I spent the night at the hospital, everything was right, just 3 days of resting and some painkillers, just was one cut so it was only one stich, when everything happened I thought that the guy stabbed me at least 3 times, my girl told me that from her point of view it was almost like 10 stab attempts, so I guess I'm very fuckin' lucky, it could be a lot worst! 

And that's the story of when I was stabbed.





NEXT WEEK: "This is the Colombia 2011 FIFA World 2 girls 1 Cup!"

No comments: