July 18, 2011

The Underdogs Weekend

Bogotá (and I guess all the country) was breathing victorious air, the match against Perú was highly anticipated, to be honest it wasn't with that hype because of the rival (Perú is a good team but is not the elite, honestly the elite is only Argentina and Brazil, the rest of us are merely mortals), the hype was because of the good moment of the national team. Colombian national team is like having a bitch for girlfriend, she said to you that she'll change, you don't believe it, but some weekend she make you scream via orgasm and then you trust her again, next weekend she cheat on you, and the story start over again.




I hate the national team a.k.a. "La Selección", they don't represent me as a colombian, they are everything I hate in managing terms, I mean, the national team is full of hipocrits, corrupt people, and people who doesn't love the country the way I do (hating all but crying when I don't have it).


But anyway Colombia was the favourite one, and Perú was the underdog, but if people believe in statistics they should put their money on Perú, 'cause Colombia is the bastard child of Perú at least in American Cup (the regional tournament playing right now in Argentina). Everybody even me was sure about a colombian win, 'cause we used to do that, we believe we are fuckin' awesome in everything we do, the sadly true is that we suck at almost all we do.


But that wasn't the only case, Argentina crashed with Uruguay, a match that in another terms should be an even match, but in this case Argentina was playing at home, and also they have the best fuckin' player in all the fuckin' world! Diego Maradona... no wait, they hadn't him... anyway, Argentina was the clearly favourite in this match, and they failed big time, talking about epic failing, Brazil, the pentacampeao, a country that breaths, eats, drinks football, and guess what? they can't kick a bloody penalty kick, they can't! Paraguay is a strong team but all the world is the underdog against Brazil, and at last we have Chile, the powerful team that is kinda the continuation of Bielsa's work on last world cup, the main favourite to rise the cup if you stick to the actual game level and not the history, and Venezuela the enternal underdog (we in south america call them the eternal cinderella), guess what? like a venezuelan soap opera, the fuckin' cinderella knows now how to score a goal and make you cry!


C'mon people even the woman knows what I'm talking about, just ask United States, they lost with the japanese girls the FIFA World Cup, like I said, was the underdog weekend.

Is not the real team, but a man can dream.



Changing a little the topic, just to put you in context, being a wrestling fan in Bogotá is not an easy task, watch live events is legally impossible, so you have to use another ways... but we don't want to compromise here, so let's focus... I'm a huge wrestling fan, since Diesel, HBK, Razor Ramon, 123-kid and the list goes on. Last sunday was Money In The Bank and the main event was John Cena vs CM Punk, as far as I remember John Cena won every-single match that it was reasonable suspicious that he will lose... but this asshole always found the way to pin the other oily-sweaty-wearingunderpants guy and leave victorious... I pray to the gods that last sunday wasn't the case, but deeply in my heart I knew that no matter what the people do, CM Punk do, John Cena would retain his title, and let be serious for a moment, there is no way to concede to a guy who posted on twitter "I'm in totally 'what are they going to do? fire me?' mode" everything he wants... but he did it, the underdog achieved something that no one else could achieved before, so, the voice of the voiceless, the Chicago Made, Charles Mongtomery, Cookie Monster, Chick Magnet, Second City Saint, Straight Edge Savior, I salute you, you just made my day last sunday Mr. Brooks.



I can totally look like Charles Mansonand get people chant my name, beat that Cena!


So... what this blog is gonna be? is gonna be a point of view, an opinion, just a little bit of my hometown thru my mind to you guys, next monday expect the story about a horrendous night at my beloved city.


Next Week: "One story about a pizdec night at Bogotá."

1 comment:

Dennis Pazmiño said...

Hey dude!

Not bad perspective, as you mentioned, living in Bogota isn't easy as it sounds, but in Bogota as part of Colombia, you guys have quite privileges that some people don't have in other countries, countries where I live for example, Quito, Ecuador.

Well, always is good to read you, no matter the speech or the language we use.

Regards!